GreatResume.ca, your trusted resource for resume examples and career guidance
tailored to the role of a Hostess in the food service and hospitality industry.
Whether you're an experienced hostess looking to update your resume or someone
aspiring to join the front-of-house team, our collection of resume examples
will provide valuable templates and inspiration for crafting your own
Canada typically earn competitive hourly wages, often with the opportunity to
receive tips or gratuities, depending on the establishment. Earnings can vary
based on experience, location, and the type of restaurant or venue. On average,
Hostesses can expect to earn an annual income ranging from $25,000 to $35,000
or more, depending on tips.
To excel as a
Hostess, it's essential to possess a set of skills tailored to the demands of
the role. Your resume should emphasize the following key competencies:
- Customer Service Excellence: Highlight your ability to provide a warm and welcoming
atmosphere for guests, manage reservations, and address customer inquiries
- Reservation Management: Illustrate your proficiency in handling reservation systems,
managing table assignments, and optimizing seating arrangements.
- Communication: Emphasize your strong communication skills, including your
ability to liaise effectively with both guests and restaurant staff.
- Multitasking: Showcase your ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously,
such as greeting guests, managing waitlists, and coordinating with
with resume trends is essential in the competitive job market. Some current
trends for Hostess resumes include:
- Customization: Tailor your resume to match the specific restaurant's
atmosphere, reservation procedures, and customer service expectations.
- Digital Proficiency: Mention any experience with reservation management software,
customer relationship management (CRM) systems, or online booking
- COVID-19 Protocols: If applicable, highlight your knowledge of health and safety
protocols related to the pandemic, such as contactless check-ins and
social distancing measures.
Explore Hostess Jobs in Canada?
looking to explore job opportunities as a Hostess in Canada, consider these
- Online Job Portals: Utilize popular job search websites like Indeed, Glassdoor,
and specialized hospitality job boards.
- Networking: Connect with industry professionals on platforms like LinkedIn
and attend hospitality industry events or job fairs.
- Cold Applications: Send tailored resumes and cover letters directly to
restaurants, hotels, or hospitality establishments in your desired
- Q: Should I include any
compliments or feedback from guests or restaurant managers on my resume to
showcase my excellent service?
Q: Is it beneficial to mention
any awards or recognitions I've received for outstanding hosting or
customer service on my resume?
- A: While not common, including
positive feedback or compliments can be a strong addition to your resume
Q: Can I list my availability for
different shifts, including evenings and weekends, on my resume?
- A: Absolutely, awards and
recognitions can demonstrate your excellence in customer service and
Q: Should I include references
from previous employers or colleagues on my resume?
- A: Availability details are
typically discussed during the interview process rather than on the
- A: References are typically
provided upon request and are not necessary on the resume itself.